Dr. Peter NGEOW Chow Bing
Deputy Director, Institute of China Studies (ICS), University of Malaya
Ph.D. Public and International Affairs, Northeastern University
M.A. Northeastern University
B.A. St. Cloud State University
Area of Expertise
Comparative Politics (Chinese Politics, Democracy and Democratization, Nationalism, Civil Society)
- (With Lowell Dittmer) (eds.) 2017. “Southeast Asia and China: Exercises in Mutual Socialization”. World Scientific Press.
- Haiyun Ma, Chai Shaojin, and Ngeow Chow Bing (eds.) 2016. Zhenghe Forum: Connecting China with the Muslim World. Kuala Lumpur: Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya
- Ngeow Chow Bing. 2011. Introduction to Political Science. Kuala Lumpur: Open University Malaysia
Chapter in Book
- LEE Kam Hing and NGEOW Chow Bing. 2016. China-Malaysia Relations: Zheng He and the Islamic Link. In Haiyun Ma, Chai Shaojin and Ngeow Chow Bing (eds.)China-Malaysia Relations: Zheng He and the Islamic Link (Kuala Lumpur: Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya), pp. 23-37.
- Ngeow Chow Bing. “Two-Front System in Malaysia: Catalyst for Democracy.” In Wu Yanhua and Pan Yongqing (eds). Incomplete Political Transformation: Commentary on the 2013 Elections in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur: Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies.
- NGEOW, Chow Bing and MA Hailong. 2016 More Islamic, No Less Chinese: Explorations into the Overseas Chinese Muslim Identities in Malaysia. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 39: 12, 2108-2128. (ISI-Indexed)
- NGEOW, Chow Bing, 2015. Comprehensive Strategic Partners but Prosaic Military Ties: The Development of Malaysia-China Defence Relations 1991-2015. Contemporary Southeast Asia, 37:2, 269-304. (ISI-Indexed)
- NGEOW, Chow Bing. 2015. From Translation House to Think Tank: The Changing Role of the Chinese Communist Party s Central Compilation and Translation Bureau. Journal of Contemporary China, 24:93, 554-572. (ISI-Indexed)
- Ngeow Chow Bing, Ling Tek Soon, Fan Pik Shy. “Pursuing Chinese Studies Amidst Identity Politics in Malaysia” East Asia: An International Quarterly, 31(2): 103-122. (SCOPUS-Indexed)
- Ngeow, Chow Bing. “Discourses on Chinese-Style Democracy in China.” China: An International Journal 12 (3): 94-114. (ISI-Indexed)
Board Member Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies, Board Member, 2013, (National)
Member American Political Science Association, Member, 2010, (International)